Friday, September 8, 2017

Who do you think you are?

          My role in media consumption is both as a consumer and as a preacher of media history, more specifically film history.  I have a deep passion and respect for the history of the motion picture industry.  I've been striving to share this passion with others, but it hasn't come easy.  Since I'm of a young generation, it's a little difficult to talk to others my own age about this subject because their attention gets lost very quickly.  Going to the movies and being active on social media encompasses my media consumption.
          Our experiences with media have often involved large events.  For example, with the invention of Twitter, people will record something such as a sports game or concert and immediately upload it to social media.  Once there, everyone online will be able to see what they see.  It can be a double edged sword however, as there are always those online who look for something or someone to criticize.  Others have used social media to insult others online as a way of "cyberbullying".  The problem has only escalated in recent years with both high school and college students taking their own lives to escape it.
          As for my own life, I choose to co-host a YouTube show called, "H & R Movie Talk" to spread my passion to others.  I'm also in the process of making another show exclusively to honor past films and filmmakers called, "Big Rob's Classic Cinema.  This will allow me to reach a mass audience in a short amount of time.  My goal is to keep the memories of those who preceded the great filmmakers of today alive. "https://www.facebook.com/BigRobsClassicCinema/
https://scontent.fewr1-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19702412_320747911714008_4004252749155305939_n.jpg?oh=573e6a7a5ae764f70cecfcc422aee50f&oe=5A55CBC7
         

1 comment:

  1. I watched some of the first episode of H&R Movie Talk on Youtube, and I would like to say that the simplicity of the work and the feedback made the episode worth watching.

    ReplyDelete

Teen Pregnancy and Educational Attainment - Antonio Mihail

Teen Pregnancy and Educational Attainment                 Teen pregnancy has been one of the largest national conflicts in the United Sta...