Friday, December 8, 2017

Final Project


My final project is a blog called A Woman Speaks. It's inspired by Humans of New York but focuses solely on women and their stories. I interviewed various women about their experiences, their struggles, their opinions, and have created a media platform to bring their voices to the forefront.

This has been quite the experience, unexpected in many ways. I learned things about women I know that I never new, struggles I never even guessed at. This project also helped me be more open and outgoing with strangers. I had to put myself out there but also make them feel comfortable enough to want to share things with me. Two of these women cried while speaking to me and it made me feel even more appreciative that they were willing to relieve moments for me.

I have also created an instagram page for the blog, where i've been very happy to see that it's been gaining followers and all the stories have likes. This means people are reading and appreciating what these women have to say. That is and will continue to be my main goal as I continue on with this project.


Resources:
HONY: Techniques on how to interview people 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen Pregnancy and Educational Attainment - Antonio Mihail

Teen Pregnancy and Educational Attainment                 Teen pregnancy has been one of the largest national conflicts in the United Sta...