Friday, December 8, 2017

Final Project




My semester project is a book called Brown Skin Girl. The story is a generational family collection of stories and poems about the women in my family. The themes of the story focus around immigration and women’s issues. I wrote poems revolving around four generations of my family: myself, my mother, my grandmother, and my great grandmother.  I wrote a story accompanying each poem to explain it on a deeper level. I interviewed my mother and grandmother to get a story and a perspective from their lives. My great grandmother passed away a couple years ago, so I took her perspective based on stories from my other family members. The stories were difficult to write, because the women in my family find it difficult to share their hardships. I wrote the stories in third person omniscient and hoped I brought justice to the stories of my family.  The women in my family are people that I look up to and they inspire me everyday so I hope their stories inspire all those who read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen Pregnancy and Educational Attainment - Antonio Mihail

Teen Pregnancy and Educational Attainment                 Teen pregnancy has been one of the largest national conflicts in the United Sta...